Cocoa Room Kuwait

The name of this restaurant appears to be so intriguing. I was imagining a restaurant serving a lot of chocolate selections but when we went there I was surprised to know that it was really a breakfast place. More of as breakfast club I would presume, they offer a wide array of breakfast selections and combos that are truly unique. Most of the dishes are continental with some arabic selections as well. This place is normally full, so I would recommend that you place a reservation ahead of time. The best seats to occupy are in the al fresco area since you can smoke while enjoying the food. Techie people will really be delighted since their menus are stored in an ipad, well the ipad1 only, but nevertheless it was still cool.

Cocoa Room Eggs Benedict 4kd
This is a nice take on the tradition french classic - Eggs Benedict. The egg was poached just right, runny in the center and still creamy. The disappointment though was the poorly executed hollandaise sauce which was obviously overcooked as it was so thick and sweet. It was a nice idea that they serve this on a bed of very delicious ancho chili pulled short ribs that tasted so right. Next time, I hope that they can pull off a better hollandaise sauce.

BBQ Braised Brisket Hash 3kd

I love this dish. You can never go wrong with beef brisket cooked slowly in barbecue sauce. The perfectly fried potatoes and green peppers blended very well with the fried egg on top.

House Baked Beans 1kd

Their baked beans are served on this lovely staub pot that if it it was just allowed I would have brought them home instead. The beans were obviously store bought and really lacked seasoning. Perhaps, sauteing this beans with some paprika, onions, garlic and cayenne will make this more alive. It tasted so plain boring.

Overall, the food at Cocoa Room was just right. I would love to go back  to share some wonderful chat with friends on an early morning while trying out some of the dishes I have missed on my first visit and I certainly won't be expecting chocolate nextime.

Comments

Popular Posts