Despedida Fare

I just celebrated my Despedida party last week. It was just an impromptu party that was unplanned, with a very limited budget and working  on a very short notice.It was  one of those melancholic evenings that I just burst out with the desire of coming up with a party. I checked on some menus, shortlisted and contacted some guests and asked for some pledges from my sisters to help me out with the expenses for the party. Preparation was very minimal. I prepared the desserts late in the evening and had them chilled in the chiller for next day's use. The dessert consisted of Parisian Macaroons filled with chocolate ganache and some petite chocolate mousse. I also made a round chocolate mousse that was covered entirely with rich chocolate Ganache and surrounded with some plain macaroons and chocolate decors. 




The menu I prepared for the party was continental. I made some Roast Beef that was covered with a rich Demi Glace sauce and surrounded with beautiful and shiny buttered vegetables. Many were surprised to see, since it was their first, the small marble potatoes that I have hand carried with me all the way from Cagayan de Oro cooked with its skin on together with the other veggies. I also prepared a classic Paella, with the sofrito highlighting its magnificent flavor, thanks to marketmanila.com. Other dishes included some breaded fish with large potatoes sliced thinly and fried in parsley oil, Roasted California Chicken, and a delicious serving of baby back ribs infused with guava and coffee sauce. I also had a salad bar with assorted salad greens and lolo rosso  and laveonda that I also hand carried. Many were surprised, but the sliced or cubed mangoes  complemented  perfectly with the salad -  setting a contrast to the palate. 

I am very delighted  that most of the people I invited had made themselves available for the party. Although we started a bit late, due to some faults in the kitchen, I could feel the joy and satisfaction my guests had over the fantastic food served to them. I  was fervently praying, that everything would turn out right as planned and it just really did.


I am looking forward to seeing my friends soon after my work is done. More happy fares to come. Bon Appetit! 

Comments

Popular Posts