Ambrosia In A Box

Just last month, a friend of mine celebrated her birthday and it so happened that a good friend of hers presented her with a box of imported Swiss chocolates. I was  so delighted to see those stunning edible jewels sitting beautifully inside the box. These lovely and ornate gateaus came in different shapes all with distinct decor embellished on each piece.

Curiosity crossed my mind as I was anxious to taste these lovely gems. So  we begun wetting our appetite by taking a piece. To my surprise, these where no ordinary chocolates instead, they were alcohol infused confections that will make any food connoisseur shout Eureka! Yes, it was really the best chocolate that I have tasted in my whole life. It was a round chocolate filled with ganache and nuts and infused with grand marnier. I took another piece, and this time it was filled with a white fluffy filling which I suspect is almond meringue that is infused with brandy. The third one is a square piece of chocolate embellished with a lovely chocolate stencil design  filled with ganache and a bittersweet chocolate leaf  intoxicated with brandy, the fourth one is also a square chocolate with a coffee bean topped on it. The filling was amazing since it contained coffee and chocolate ganache with a hint of creme de cacao and brandy. I stopped after eating four types of chocolate, as the alcohol was already getting into my system. Yes, be careful of alcohol infused chocolates since they can intoxicate in a speed.

I really enjoyed this chocolate indulgence. It made me appreciate and love chocolate " The food of the gods" all the more. I am a die hard chocolate fan ever since I was a kid. Whether this may be Hershey's, Toblerone, Serg or Goya for as long it is chocolate, I will always go gaga over it. Thanks to the Aztecs who introduced this civilization, we can now enjoy this primitive aphrodisiac anytime we please. Oh, Isn't life just so sweet?!

Comments

Popular Posts